- Location: Various Locations in West Lothian, EH54 6FF
- Rate: £11.97
- Contract Type: Casual/Relief
- Position Type: Supply
- Hours: 1 hours per week
We are currently looking to recruit sports coaches for our casual staff database. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be contacted to cover mostly one hour shifts as and when required (usually after school 3pm-4pm for blocks of 6 weeks within primary schools in West Lothian) We are not looking to recruit any swim coaches at this time. Candidates must have sports coaching qualifications and experience working with Primary children.
Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
The key duties of this post are:
- Deliver quality coaching sessions, in accordance with West Lothian Council’s guidelines and Scottish/National Governing Body guidelines
- Design/plan appropriate coaching sessions
- Keep and update a register of all participants in sessions
- Maintain and update qualifications, including Emergency First Aid at Work for Sports Coaches, Safeguarding and Protecting Children and provide copies of certificates to your responsible Officer/Coordinator
- Enrol, and actively participate, in the Coach Development Scheme
- Report any incident or accident occurring during sessions and complete West Lothian Council Incident Report Book
- Maintain communication with Sports Development Officer/Active Schools Coordinator
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Possess National Governing Body or Scottish Governing Body qualifications;
- Be reliable and a good time-keeper;
- Be enthusiastic and approachable;
- Have experience of coaching children and young people;
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and have good availability between 3 and 5 pm
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.