- Location: West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- Salary: £25,978.00 - £29,206.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 December 2019. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
36 hours per week, fixed term to 31 March 2021
A vacancy has arisen within the Housing Need Service to provide tenancy sustainment for homeless persons within West Lothian as part of our Rapid Rehousing Transition Plan. Housing First provides high level support to applicants/tenants who have been identified as likely to have difficulty sustaining their own tenancy.
The post holder will work as part of the Housing First Assessment and Co-ordination team and will contribute to the provision of a range of flexible services to meet the needs of individuals/households with complex needs such as substance misuse, mental health issues and repeated homelessness. The Housing First TSO will work in partnership with agencies to help and support homeless applicants to move into and sustain their tenancy using a person centred support model.
The service will provide support to individuals in locations around West Lothian
The skills and knowledge you must have:-
- Be qualified to SVQ Level 3 in Social Care
- To maintain a working knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Housing (Scotland) Act 2001, Homelessness Bill, Children’s (Scotland) Act 1995, Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007 , Care Commission Housing Support registration requirements
- Have a recognised qualification that meets Scottish Social Services Council registration requirements
- Significant experience of working in a Housing & Support environment
- An ability to undertake lone working, this will require working with clients in their own tenancy/community setting.
- An ability to work with customers who may have challenging behaviour
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups
- IT literate – an ability to use software applications E-Mail, Excel, Data Entry, Word,PowerPoint etc
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the West Lothian Council
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC. If you are already registered with SSSC you will be required to add West Lothian Council to your account.