- Location: Kingsway Campus, Old Glamis Road, DD3 8LE
- Salary: £0.00 - £43,350.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Human Resources Manager
Salary: £43,350 per annum
Supporting the implementation of our ambitious People Strategy, and playing a key role in enhancing the services provided by HR, you will play a hands on leadership role in managing and developing our busy HR Team.
This exciting role combines a day-to-day senior HR specialist input with management, coordination, and development of the work of the HR team.
As a fully qualified CIPD professional (or equivalent), you must have relevant practical HR experience ideally gained in a unionised environment. You will possess an eye for details, excellent organisational skills, and a clear understanding of relevant employment law and modern professional HR practice, ideally coupled with line management experience.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Acting as the organisation’s key HR specialist, advising others on appropriate actions and approaches
• Line managing 3 HR Advisors (2.6 FTE) and 2 HR Assistants (2 FTE), coordinating team meetings, activities and workloads ensuring relevant timelines and goals are met
• Continually developing and implementing HR operations and practices to deliver high quality services to D&A College staff and external stakeholders
• Supporting the Head of People and Organisational Development in delivering on the College’s People Strategy through active operationalising of key targets and goals
About the Organisation
Dundee and Angus College is one of Scotland’s top colleges, delivering excellent student experience and outcomes. Employing around 1000 people, the College has excellent nationally agreed terms and conditions, including 45 days of annual leave for support staff and local government pension.
The Scottish FE sector has returned to collective bargaining arrangements in recent years, with substantial progress made. There will be an ongoing requirement to implement the outcomes from national bargaining mechanisms, ensuring the College’s employment practices are in line with agreements. You will therefore play an active part in local negotiations and consultations, working closely with the College’s three recognised trade unions.
About the People Team
Dundee and Angus College’s People Team brings together both Human Resources and Organisational Development, with the team responsible for HR operations, internal communications, employee engagement and professional development.
The small team work with all staff, with HR specialists focusing on HR operations and Organisational Development staff leading on professional development. Over the last three years, significant work has been undertaken to bring together the HR and OD functions under the ‘People’ banner and genuine enthusiasm for these joint areas of work is essential.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is midnight on Sunday 17 November 2019.
Interviews will take place on Friday 29 November and Friday 6 December 2019.