- Location: Milton Road Campus, EH15 2PP
- Salary: £33,500.00 - £41,526.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 18.2 hours per week
This position has expired.
Edinburgh College is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person to take up the exciting post of Lecturer in Broadcast and Media
In this role you will join an established team reporting to the Curriculum Manager for Broadcast Media & Photography. You will undertake an appropriate balance of training, assessment, curriculum development,administration, guidance, support, consultancy, professional development, and research.
You will contribute to the development of materials for a range of college, industry-based courses and external training programmes (which may be delivered to students from other disciplines) and to commercial clients.Current commercial experience will be required.
The post requires the following qualifications and experience:
* A degree or relevant industry experience
* Knowledge of audio recording, sound edit, sound location, dubbing.
* Knowledge of video post-production editing, colour grading, graphics.
* Knowledge of video Camera technical fundamentals and operations.
* Knowledge of broadcast engineering fundamentals for set up and live streaming
* Professional Broadcast experience working with commercial clients.
* Experience working to commercial deadlines.
* Teaching and Collaborative working experience
* Experience in the industry practice of commercial rights and distribution of visual content for social media that includes audio and video content, licenses, media regulation, copyright law
* A teaching qualification
* Familiarisation with Networks and internet protocol experience
* Experience in multi camera set up & location shooting
* Experience of mentoring and training in the workplace
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to work at any Edinburgh College campus.
Closing Date: 24 November 2019
Interview: week commencing 02 December 2019