- The Optima, 58 Robertson Street, G2 8DU
- £64,698 - £74,675 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
We are currently seeking applications for a Senior Education Officer within Education Scotland based in Glasgow, Livingston, Aberdeen or Dundee. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
Education Scotland is Scotland’s national improvement agency for education. Our role is to provide assurance and promote improvement, from the early years to adult learning. We are committed to embedding our values of excellence, creativity, integrity and respect in everything we do.
This role will have an emphasis on improving outcomes for children and young people, through a focus on excellence and equity. You will be responsible for leading on curriculum development, quality improvement and curriculum review in Expressive Arts.
Professional Qualification Requirement
To apply for this post candidates should have a registered GTCS membership or equivalent.
Please note: If you fail to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, your application will be automatically sifted out.
1. Strong leadership and management skills with experience of successfully promoting the leadership and career-long professional learning of staff to improve learning, teaching and assessment.
2. Experience of teaching in the Expressive Arts curriculum area with a proven track record of productive relationships with stakeholders within and across sectors.
3. Strong understanding of emerging national developments in the Expressive Arts curriculum area, as well as strong understanding of other relevant aspects of education provision.
4. Track record in successfully leading and delivering significant projects within the education sector that have proven impact on outcomes for learners.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
• UK nationals
• nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
• nationals of the Republic of Ireland
• nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS) (www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families)
• relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
• relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
• certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Alan Britton at email@example.com
Important Information Regarding Interviews
In recognition of the Scottish Government's ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this new way of working, we are asking all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to complete the virtual interview. In addition, a personal device of choice, which has the interview application downloaded. This could be MS Teams or Webex for example. This will allow candidates to undertake the interview/assessment if selected. We are also asking you to ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video feeds.
The Scottish Government is a diverse and inclusive workplace and we want to help you demonstrate your full potential whatever type of assessment is used. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.