- Location: Forth Valley College, Falkirk Campus, Grangemouth Road, FK2 9AD
- Salary: £24,042.00 - £26,459.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 21 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Technician - Construction
£24,042 - £26,459 (pro rata)
0.6 FTE, Fixed Term until 31 January 2020
Forth Valley College is one of Scotland’s leading providers of education and training based in the central belt. The college is a vibrant learning community made up of around 14,500 student enrolments and 650 staff. With two state-of-the-art campuses in Alloa and Stirling and a £78 Million construction underway for a new Falkirk campus, due to open in 2019 – Forth Valley is a college that is ‘Making Learning Work’ for its staff, students and stakeholders.
The Care, Sport & Construction wish to appoint an enthusiastic Construction Technician to provide specialist technical advice appropriate to the subject area.
• Co-operate and assist with lecturers/other relevant staff in the preparation for classrooms, and workshop demonstrations.
• Demonstrate the correct use of equipment, machinery and techniques as appropriate to the individual’s area of specialism and expertise.
• Provide a repair and maintenance service for appropriate equipment and machinery.
• Ensure compliance at all times, with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other health and safety regulations.
• Undertake CPD as appropriate to ensure that the specialist skills associated with the post are regularly updated.
You will ideally be educated to HNC level in the appropriate subject area as a minimum. Ideally, you will have a Health and safety qualification or relevant experience.. You will have an understanding of the needs and requirements of a busy college teaching department. You will be able to work effectively with the technician team, plan your work schedule around the requests from teaching staff. A full clean driving licence is requirement due to field trips related to the curriculum.
Travel between campuses may be required as part of this role.
*Please note the college is currently undergoing a National Job Evaluation process and therefore all salaries are subject to the outcome of this process.