- Location: Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, G4 0BA
- Salary: £28,331.00 - £32,817.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Glasgow Caledonian University a vibrant, multi-cultural, modern university in the centre of Glasgow and is placed amongst the top 200 modern universities in the world (THE, 2018) and in the top 50 universities globally for social impact (THE, 2019). Our welcoming community of 20,000 students from more than 100 countries enjoy a wide range of award-winning support services and state of the art facilities across each of our campuses in Glasgow, London and New York. Our University mission, commitment to the Common Good and core values of integrity, creativity, responsibility and confidence is integral to everything we do and how we deliver our mission.
Information Services is a central professional service department which provides IT / AV services to all GCU branches in different geographical locations.
The IT Advisor (AV Services) delivers user specialist technical support and services for the university’s Audio Visual technologies and functions. With a minimum of day-to-day supervision, resolve assigned issues, queries, requests and processes from users, using own judgement and experience without reference to others. Quickly escalate calls when they cannot be resolved within own capability and knowledge, while taking opportunities to develop own skills. Deliver excellent customer service and proactive communications for users while providing services. Build onto the shared IT knowledge base so regular/recurring support and service requests can be reallocated to the service desk. Actively contribute to delivery of IT project objectives as assigned.
- HNC/HND in an IT/AV or related discipline and/or equivalent relevant experience in an IT technical support role.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of providing technical and operational support covering a full range of AV equipment used within teaching and events environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to work well as a team member.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and manage multiple activities and deliver effectively in a busy environment.
As the University for the Common Good, we are committed to embedding equality and diversity, as well as our values in everything that we do. As such, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who demonstrate the GCU Values.
The University offers a range of benefits including opportunities for professional development, family friendly policies, cycle to work scheme and onsite childcare facilities.
Applicants must have the continued right to live and work in the United Kingdom to apply for this vacancy.
Please note that the appointment will be made on the first point of the salary scale (unless by exception).