- Location: Glasgow, G21 4TD
- Salary: £20,943.00 - £23,597.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Glasgow Kelvin College is the key provider of accessible vocational and core-skills learning in the north and east of the city. We deliver high-quality introductory to degree-level programmes to around 15,000 students each year from four campus buildings and through a large network of community-based centres.
Engaging with communities which experience high levels of deprivation, the College works with partners to create inclusive progression opportunities in a vibrant and sustainable environment for the learners, communities and stakeholders which we serve.
Applications are invited from candidates who can demonstrate a commitment to the ethos and vision of the College, and who can help shape and develop a learning organisation which best serves the communities of north east Glasgow and beyond.
As part of the Advice, Guidance and Learner Support Team the Information Assistant supports the work of the Team by answering enquiries; providing impartial information and at peak times assisting as part of the centralised Admissions System.
- Possess or working towards an HNC in Administration and Information Management or equivalent; and
- Relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Further Education Student Funding.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good level of computer literacy including a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Good level of telephony skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a Team;
- Well presented as this is a front-line role; and
- Ability to travel and occasionally work in the evenings or weekends.
- Previous experience of working in a busy customer services environment.
This vacancy will close for applications at 23:45 hrs on the 26th of January 2020
Glasgow Kelvin College – welcomes applications irrespective of age, disability, race, colour, nationality or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political views or trade union membership; and supports flexible work practices. Disabled applicants who meet the essential job requirements will be interviewed. The above post will be subject to the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme and as such the successful candidate will be required to make an application for membership under the Scheme.