- Location: North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- Salary: £23,733.08 - £27,370.59 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to work in our Hair and Beauty team.
You should be qualified to HNC in Hairdressing (or equivalent) and you should also have current experience of working in the hairdressing industry. Experience of training staff in hairdressing would be an advantage and a willingness to work towards an assessor qualification upon appointment to the post would be required.
A skilled communicator you should have excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to ensure continuation of effective working relationships with customers and clients of the College.
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Educated to HNC level or equivalent in the relevant subject area
2. Assessor training qualifications*
3. Evidence of continuous professional developmentEXPERIENCE
1. Up to date vocational experience in the relevant area.
2. Experience as a trainer or experience of training staff in the relevant areaKNOWLEDGE
1. Up to date industry knowledge in the relevant area
2. Knowledge of the type of programmes available in further education
3. Knowledge of a range of assessment methods.SKILLS
1. Oral and written communication skills
2. Numeracy skills
3. Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
4. The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
5. Team working skills
6. IT literacyPERSONAL QUALITIES
2. Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with students
3. Committed to people development
4. Committed to customer service and quality improvement
5. Ability to relate to people
6. Able to develop positive working relationshipsADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
2. Able to travel to other locations as required
3. Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post
4. A willingness to study for relevant teaching and assessing qualifications