- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- £28,392.79 - £39,447.28 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 21 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Learning & Development Advisor – Ref A864
Aberdeen City Campus/Part Time (21 hours per week)/Permanent
Salary: ££28,392.79 - £39,447.28 pro rata per annum
Actual Salary: £17,035.67 - £23,668.37 per annum
Do you have experience of working in learning and development? Are you looking for your next challenge? If so, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for a highly motivated and well-organised L&D Professional to help us develop and manage a range of exciting projects. The successful post holder will have a lead role in identifying the training needs of staff, designing and providing a range of training solutions, as well as evaluating the L&D provision.
Applicants should hold CIPD Level 5 Diploma (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as the ability to use their own initiative and experience to provide effective advice and solutions.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
NESCol offer an extensive benefits package including:
- 45 days annual leave
- Generous public sector pension
- Employee savings scheme
- Onsite fitness suite.
criteria marked * are desirable
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Level 5 Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognised professional body e.g. CIPD.
- Degree in relevant subject (SCQF Level 9 equivalent) or equivalent industry experience
- Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development
- *Level 7 Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognised professional body e.g. CIPD.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven successful experience of designing and delivering learning and development programmes.
- Proven experience of conducting training needs analyses and / or wellbeing surveys.
- Proven experience of supporting the development and delivery of HR and / or L&D strategies and delivering associated action plans.
- Experience of undertaking evaluations and making recommendations for improvement.
- Proven experience of using statistical data to inform decision-making and provide advice to managers
- Full working knowledge of different L&D strategies and applications that can be used to address training needs.
- Relevant and up to date knowledge of the factors that can impact on wellbeing in the workplace
- Up to date and proven knowledge of and commitment to safeguarding, equality and diversity and health and safety and their applications in this role
- *Knowledge of frameworks such as Investors in People.
SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent and proven organisational, planning and project management skills with a proven ability to manage competing demands effectively.
- Proven ability to provide pragmatic and effective advice and solutions.
- Ability to provide strong influencing skills with proven ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Up to date and high level IT skills with the ability to develop and implement the HR IT system for the Learning and Development area.
- Self-motivated to achieve successful outcomes
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities.
- Commitment to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Commitment to College Vison and Values and to Equality & Diversity.
- Ability to travel between College sites when required
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post