- Location: North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- Salary: £26,313.86 - £30,346.92 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Payroll Officer (Ref No. A818)
Full Time/Permanent/Aberdeen City Centre Campus
Salary: £26,313.86 - £30,346.92 per annum
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to assist in the processing of the monthly payroll for the college, ensuring payments are correct and compliant with college policies, regulations and HMRC requirements.
The successful candidate will be educated to an HND level or equivalent and membership of the CIPP would be desirable.
You should have a proven track record of operating a complex computerised payroll system and have the ability to carry out manual payroll calculations accurately on regular basis.
You will also be able to demonstrate understanding of HMRC requirements in relation to payroll and have working knowledge of taxation and other legislation applicable to payroll and pensions.
The closing date for applications will be 19th February 2020.
(* criteria are essential)
- An HND (SCQF level 8 or equivalent) in a relevant profession
- Chartered Member of Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals or a willingness to work towards membership
- Evidence of continuous professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Significant experience of operating a payroll service using a complex computerised payroll system
- A high level of detailed and up to date understanding of HMRC requirements in relation to payroll
- Some working knowledge of the taxation and other legislation applicable to payroll and pensions.
- A good up to date understanding of the underlying accounting principles applicable to payroll with the ability to carry out complex accounting and payroll calculations accurately.
- *A working knowledge of Teacher and Local Government Pension Schemes.
- *Working experience of running a Public Sector payroll.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- Able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to work accurately with good attention to detail
- Team working skills
- IT literacy
- Committed to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Able to travel to other locations on a regular basis
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post