- North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, AB25 1BN
- £30,558.10 - £35,444.62 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Software Developer (Ref A850)
Full Time/Permanent/Aberdeen City Campus
Salary: £30,558.10 - £35,444.62 per annum
The IT Support Team are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to complement our existing development team and support our strategic goals.
The successful candidate will be involved in a range of IT solutions and projects across the College, from initiation to delivery. The Software Developer will be a key part of the internal development team and will ensure these solutions deliver true and lasting benefit to the College.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to HND or degree level (SCQF level 8) in a relevant subject area and have evidence of continuous professional development. They should have a good working knowledge of software development tools and techniques.
This post would be well suited to a self-motivated individual, who has excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, is committed to people development and quality improvement.
While the position is primarily based at our Aberdeen City Campus, it is likely that the role will involve working at other sites.
The College encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds.
The closing date for applications will be 12th October 2021.
(desirable criteria are marked with an asterisk (*); all others are essential)
- Graduate or HND in Computing (SCQF Level 8)
- Evidence of continuous professional development
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Software development experience
- Knowledge of business process analysis techniques*
- Experience of supporting software applications
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Practical knowledge of integrated development environments
- Practical knowledge of version control systems*
- Oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team working skills
- Strong creative ability
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- Committed to people development
- Committed to customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to relate to people
- Able to develop positive working relationships
- Commitment to College values and equal opportunities
- Able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the post