- RGU Garthdee, AB10 7GJ
- £34,804.00 - £49,553.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Part-time and full time applications will be considered
RGU is an innovative, inclusive and thoroughly professional university, focused on the impact of its demand-led teaching and research. Not only are we the Scottish University of the Year in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Awards for 2021 and ranked Top modern university in the Complete University Guide, but we also have an impressive array of other awards, including (amongst many others) a Gold Rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework, placing us in the top 20% of the best universities in the UK for the quality of our undergraduate teaching and learning. In addition, in the National Student Survey for 2020 we are ranked 2nd for overall student satisfaction in both Scotland and the UK.
The continued growth and influence of both Digital Marketing in all sectors emphasises the need for delivery within these fields across the breadth of provision within the School. You will contribute to the high-quality delivery within the rapidly expanding field of Digital Marketing at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels as part of the enhancement of digital and data focused provision across our portfolio.
Your significant knowledge and subject expertise will be evidenced by related teaching and research and/or relevant work experience and you'll be capable of fostering and developing collaborative links with academic, business, charitable and public-sector partners. Applications are particularly welcome from candidates with experience and knowledge of Digital Advertising Communications, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Campaign Planning, Business Strategy or other related fields and roles.
Part time and full time applications will be considered. Please indicate on your application if you wish to be considered on a part time basis. Part-time applicants that will require sponsorship may be considered in line with UKVI sponsorship requirements.
Grade 7 Salary Scale: £34,804 – 40,322
Grade 8 Salary Scale: £41,526 – 49,553
Salary on appointment will be dependent upon experience. Candidates with limited or no prior experience as an academic will be placed on the first point of the Grade 7 scale. Consideration will be given to offering an Academic Attraction Payment (adjusted annually) for those candidates who have specific industry knowledge, skills or, expertise which are required for the position. Please see the job attachments for further information regarding the Grade 7 and Grade 8 criteria. Further guidance on Academic Attraction Payments can be found here.
This post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland check. For more information visit: https://www.mygov.scot/standard-disclosure
Closing Date: Friday 7th May 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 17th May 2021
RESPONSIBLE TO: Academic Strategic Lead
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No supervisory responsibility
PURPOSE OF POST: To contribute to the School's delivery of Digital Marketing and Innovation
• Carries out designated teaching (eg via lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, laboratory work, field trips, studio work, practical's etc) and assessment duties in areas of expertise, or as otherwise required by the Head of School.
• Participates in the development and preparation of teaching materials.
• Provides tutorial and personal guidance for students.
• Supervises undergraduate and postgraduate projects.
• Develops and maintains expertise in subject areas. Participates in subject and course development.
• Undertakes appropriate administrative responsibilities (eg year tutor, student selection, examination organisation, placement organisation, timetabling, maintaining attendance records etc).
• Assists in the supervision and visiting of students during their periods of work experience. Promotes and markets the School and its courses to local, national and international clientele (including student recruitment).
• Maintains working relationships with other Schools/Departments/Units within the University, as necessary, for the smooth operation and continued development of the School and its courses.
• Actively pursues and/or encourages research activities (eg writing for publication, developing own research, supervising research students, establishing externally funded research projects, presenting at conferences etc).
• Actively participates in and suggests relevant staff development activities. Engages with other staff, wherever possible, in consultancy activities relevant to the School.
• Establishes and maintains relevant professional and industrial links, as necessary, for the effective operation of the School's course (eg engagement in work of external bodies, educational and professional).
• Represents the School on relevant University committees and the School and University on external committees.
• Carries out such other related duties as may be required.
Candidates with limited/no lecturing experience can still be considered but will work to the Developing Academic. Full details of both roles can be found in the attached PDF.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships:
First Degree or post degree qualification in a related subject area. Knowledge
Significant knowledge and understanding of Digital Marketing
Significant experience of Digital Marketing either practice-based or academic teaching/research.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships:
PhD in a related subject area Specific experience and knowledge of Digital Advertising Communications, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Campaign Planning, Business Strategy or other related fields and roles.
Behaviour 1: Communication - Ability to receive, understand and convey information requiring careful explanation and information of a complex or conceptual nature, in a clear and accurate manner.
Behaviour 2: Pastoral Care and Welfare - Experience of: calming and reassuring those with work/study related problems who may be experiencing distress; dealing with difficult welfare situations or confidential matters; providing support for those in considerable distress or requiring long-term complex support.
Behaviour 3: Teaching and Learning Support - Experience of: providing standard information or delivering teaching or training; designing content or learning materials within existing frameworks; developing innovative approaches to learning experience and the curriculum.
Behaviour 4: Service Delivery - Experience of exploring and adapting a service to meet customers’ expectations and also identifying ways of improving standards.
Behaviour 5: Analysis and Research - Experience of identifying or designing data gathering and analytical methods appropriate for each investigation and producing reports that identify key issues and findings.
Behaviour 6: Liaison and Networking - Experiences of: circulating information in an accurate and timely manner; working across team boundaries to build and strengthen working relationships; leading and developing internal networks to pursue a shared interest; leading and building external networks to enhance the work of the organisation.