- RGU Garthdee, AB10 7GJ
- £30,942 - £33,797 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Research Strategy and Policy team is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide the proactive co-ordination of research funding opportunities and development of research funding proposals.
Well organised and self-motivated, you'll be able to work both independently on your own initiative, and effectively as part of a small team. You'll be able to demonstrate an understanding of full economic costing and will have a working knowledge of a variety of databases/management information systems. Ideally, you'll also have experience of project management and working in an academic environment.
Our research is focused on addressing some of the major societal and environmental challenges of our time, from work on the energy transition and sustainability through to issues of health and well-being. As a University we are in the business of changing lives through impactful research and by developing students into highly employable graduates. This is your opportunity to be part of that amazing journey and join our 1600 colleagues who already enjoy the vibrant community.
For further information please contact Carolina Kenny, Research Development Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
Closing Date: August 8th, 2021
Interview Date: w/c August 23rd, 2021
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Research Strategy & Policy
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No supervisory responsibility
PURPOSE OF POST: To contribute to the University’s research strategy by providing an excellent support service to our academic staff through a proactive co-ordination of research funding opportunities and development of research funding proposals.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of RGU academic expertise
- Assist academic colleagues in identifying external research funding opportunities
- Prepare costings for projects and maintain information of funding body requirements
- Co-ordinate the development of applications and the internal approvals process for research applications and awards.
- Act as liaison point for external research bodies such as Scotland Europa, SFC and Research Councils Develop external relationships with potential research collaborators of strategic significance such as NHS Grampian, Scottish Government, Local Authorities etc.
- Provide guidance on University policies and procedures in relation to research Provide routine management reporting of research activities
- Assist the Research Development Manager on specific projects in relation to research development
- Undertake any other relevant duties which are consistent with the job purpose or as directed by the line manager
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
Higher or Equivalent in Business Administration or Business Studies subject
Understanding of full economic costing
Working knowledge of a variety of databases / management information systems
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
First Degree in Business Administration or Business Studies subject
Understanding of REF2021 and its components including research impact
Experience in costing research projects and of the research funding landscape
Experience in an academic environment
Database reporting – BI or Tableau
Behaviour 1: Communication - Ability to receive, understand and convey information requiring careful explanation and information of a complex or conceptual nature, in a clear and accurate manner
Behaviour 2: Analysis and Research - Experience of identifying or designing data gathering and analytical methods appropriate for each investigation, and producing reports that identify key issues and findings
Behaviour 3: Liaison and Networking - Experience of circulating information in an accurate and timely manner, working across team boundaries to build and strengthen working relationships and leading and developing internal networks to pursue a shared interest
Behaviour 4: Initiative and Problem Solving - Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, identifying practical and suitable solutions.