- RGU Garthdee, AB10 7GJ
- £28,331.00 - £30,046.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Students are at the heart of everything we do at Robert Gordon University. Ensuring our business processes support the delivery of an excellent student experience is critical to the success of the institution. To this end we are now looking to improve our approach to the creation of the student timetable. This role will be key to the success of this initiative.
You will support business process improvement by providing expert level knowledge and capability in the configuration of the Automated Timetabling System (CELCAT) and other tools to meet the requirements of stakeholders. This will include gathering requirements from colleagues in Central Timetabling and Schools, to define event templates, rules, and constraints within timetabling together with the maintenance and development of processing rules, process automation and user-friendly on-line solutions to support improved student experience and streamline business processes.
You'll need experience of manipulating data within databases for import/export as well as end user system configuration, security and access. We're looking for someone proactive who can provide evidence of initiating process reviews to deliver improvements to their customers and organisation.
Salary on first appointment is normally to the bottom of the scale, although in exceptional circumstances an appointment further up the scale may be considered.
Closing Date: 04 August 2021
Interview Date: 17 August 2021
RESPONSIBLE TO: Continuous Improvement Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No line management or supervisory responsibility
PURPOSE OF POST: Support business process improvement by providing expert level knowledge and capability in the configuration of the Automated Timetabling System (CELCAT) and other tools to meet the requirements of stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Central Timetabling, Schools and key stakeholders to design and implement e-business processes.
- Process mapping and analysis to improve efficiency and inform solution building.
- Configuration of CELCAT software to meet agreed business requirements. This will involve configuring rules to support auto-scheduling of the teaching timetable.
- Analysis to support integration with other systems.
- Provide documentation to support configuration for use as a reference going forward.
- Write test plans and support acceptance testing.
- Provide problem resolution support for CELAT, liaising with the supplier as may be appropriate to obtain and implement solutions.
- Provide end-user support. This will include maintenance and support for new functionality and systems.
- Create functional operational procedures and documentation to ensure sustainability on improvements implemented. This will involve creating and maintaining User Guides, skills transfer handover to the operational team.
- Work in partnership with others in the Continuous Improvement Team, Central Timetabling Team, and colleagues in Academic Schools, and other stakeholders to deliver business solutions that drives efficiency and enhances the student experience.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Educated to HND level or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of configuring an application/database to support a business function
- Understanding of relational databases
- Business process mapping and flowcharting
- Record/database software systems
- Manipulating data for importing and export (ETL)
- Writing and maintaining procedure, operations and user guides
- End user system configurations, security and access
- Analysing processes to deliver improvements
- Partnership working
- Planning and organising work to meet deadlines
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Degree in Computing/Business Information or equivalent
- Higher education timetabling processes
- Admin functionality relating to CELCAT Timetable System
- Delivering an online solution using system configuration tools
- Auto-scheduling in CELCAT or another Timetable System
Behaviour 1: Communication - Ability to receive, understand and convey information requiring careful explanation and information of a complex or conceptual nature, in a clear and accurate manner
Behaviour 2: Service Delivery - Experience of exploring and adapting a service to meet customers’ expectations and also identifying ways of improving standards
Behaviour 3: Decision Making Processes and Outcomes – Experience of: using own judgement to make decisions; making collaborative decisions with others to reach conclusions; providing advice or information that will influence the decisions of others.
Behaviour 4: Analysis and Research - Experience of identifying or designing data gathering and analytical methods appropriate for each investigation, and producing reports that identify key issues and findings
Behaviour 5: Liaison and Networking - Experience of circulating information in an accurate and timely manner, working across team boundaries to build and strengthen working relationships, leading and developing internal networks to pursue a shared interest and leading and building external networks to enhance the work of the organisation