- Location: Various Locations In Aberdeenshire, AB16 5GB
- Salary: £31,569.00 - £33,461.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Aberdeenshire Council is seeking to appoint two Community Sport Hubs Officers to lead the development and activation of Community Sport Hubs across Aberdeenshire. Community Sport Hubs bring together local organisations that deliver sport, listen to the needs of local people and get more people active.
This position will be based in South Aberdeenshire.
The Officers must be able to establish strong relationships with clubs and community organisations and support vibrant Community Sport Hubs across Aberdeenshire. The Hubs exist to promote community wellbeing and to support people to lead healthier lifestyles. Officers are required to establish effective working relationships with other professional colleagues and groups to help meet the needs of local people.
The Officers will also be required to adopt a ‘Changing Lives’ approach to proactively use sport and physical activity as an intentional tool to achieve both increased participation and wider social outcomes.
You will be required to meet the following essential criteria:
· Degree qualified or have equivalent experience
· Significant experience in a sports development or similar role
· Proven ability to develop voluntary sector sporting organisations
· Knowledge of appropriate quality assurance schemes and an advocate of best practice
· Ability to develop data capture systems which contribute towards performance management
· Confident IT skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Marketing and promotion
It is a material condition of employment for these posts that the employee holds a current full driving licence and has a car available, whenever required, in order to undertake the full range of duties of the post.
The posts falls into the ‘flexible’ category within Aberdeenshire Council’s Worksmart policy as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Fixed Term for a period not exceeding 31/03/2023.
Informal enquiries to Fraser Govan - 01467 537899 or Stephen Brown - 01467 537101 or Ian McGregor (Sportscotland) - 07787 151008.
A Privacy Notice giving you information on the data we hold on you, what we do with that data, who we share your data with and your rights under GDPR is available here. Alternatively we can send a copy if you ask us to by emailing email@example.com.