- Location: The Ben Centre, Burghead Road, Forres, Morayshire, IV36 3SX, IV36 3SX
- Salary: £30,000k - £34,000k depending on experience
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 40 hours per week
This position has expired.
Salary: £30,000k - £34,000k depending on experience
Up to 30 days annual leave
Hours: Permanent, Full-Time (working 40 hours between 7.30am-6pm)
Location: Spring Kinloss, Forres, Morayshire, IV36 3SX
You can help support our military
Are you looking to take the next step in your career journey with a modern, forward-thinking organisation?
Do you want a vibrant atmosphere, working with colleagues to create a positive and lasting impact on the lives of children?
If so, we have an exciting and dynamic opportunity just for you!
At Spring Kinloss Nursery, we are looking for a confident, enthusiastic, committed and experienced childcare manager to join our nursery.
We welcome you to join our friendly and dynamic team. We are warm, caring and absolutely lovely!
What do we do at Spring Kinloss Nursery?
Working as part of the wider Action for Children organisation, who were recently voted Number 25 in Indeed's Top Rated Not for Profit Companies. Our centre consists of a baby room, a 2-3 room and a 3-5 room. We also have a library space and a large outdoor garden area. Additionally, we have an onsite cook who provides healthy and nutritious meals and snacks for our day-care children. We are a dedicated staff team and our friendly ethos and positive attitude is clearly visible to all. We strive for excellence in providing high quality Early Learning and Childcare within our local community and are committed to continuous self-evaluation which supports the ongoing enhancement of the service we provide.
What is the role of a Nursery Manager?
- By leading a child centred provision of early years' education and day care services. Our Nursery caters for Children aged from birth until 5 years. You will take full responsibility for the delivery of all services in the setting.
- By being the Designated Safeguarding Person and Registered Manager in relation to The Care Inspectorate. Overseeing and insuring implementation of any safeguarding plans for the children in your care. Leading staff in their understanding of what safeguarding is and developing their understanding of the complex issues affecting children who are subject to child protection plans.
- By taking responsibility for the health and safety of the children and staff in the nursery, quickly acting to raise any concerns in relation to Health and Safety and working to resolve these issues with colleagues from the relevant teams
- By providing direct and overall management of staff, ensuring that all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to. You will build a successful staff team of passionate practitioners dedicated to providing a safe, caring, stimulating environment for children including those with special needs.
- By overseeing the recording and reporting of planning, observations and progression for all children including the full and through assessment of the setting again the Curriculum for Excellence and Pre-birth to 3.
- By working tirelessly to deliver a Care Inspectorate Outstanding provision, which exceeds all expectations and delivers exceptional outcomes. You will ensure complete compliance with all registration and inspection requirements.
- By offering a stimulating environment for the children, you will do this by keeping our occupancy levels high ensuring that the children have a wonderful social experience
- By managing finance and invoicing systems, you will be responsible for ensuring that the setting is financially viable and undertake all accounting responsibilities around this.
- By being a brilliant practitioner yourself, you will inspire the team you lead, give the families of the children in your care the confidence that they have selected the best nursery for their child to attend.
What you will need?
- Qualification: SCQF level 9 or above, the successful candidate should have (or be working towards) their BA in Childhood Practice.
- Experience of working in a senior role with a nursery setting or centre working with children aged 0-5 years and their families.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Curriculum for Excellence and Pre-birth to 3, Care Inspectorate framework and requirements and all relevant current legislation.
- Desirable: Paediatric First Aid Qualification, Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or we can provide this training for you.
What are the rewards?
- Up to 30 days annual leave
- Paid time off for dependents
- Learning & Development opportunities – including progression to management and leadership levels for those aspiring to be leaders.
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
- 25% Staff discount on a childcare place at the nursery, including tax-free childcare.
What are you waiting for? This is a fantastic opportunity to support, guide and inspire these young children in their pre-school adventure – while building a fulfilling career, as well as actively supporting our military.