- Location: 34 Industry Street, Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire, G66 3AE, G66 3AE
- Salary: Circa £17,100
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Support Worker – Young Persons Worker
Location - Kirkintilloch
Salary - Circa £17,100
Hours - Permanent Full Time 35 hours a week (The service operates 24/7 7 days a week therefore shift work is required)
East Dunbartonshire Canal Housing project is based in Kirkintilloch. The service offers short to medium term accommodation to young people aged 16-26 years. The aim of the service is to help young people to develop the skills to ensure a successful transition into their own tenancy in the future.
The service offers a range of practical skills including budgeting, good door keeping and key life skills. Alongside the practical element the service offers a nurturing environment for young people to increase their emotional well-being and experience a positive transition.
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and their families – but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
- By demonstrating a commitment to Action for Children's defining statement, ‘keeping the child at the centre', and to promote and incorporate Action for Children's Participation Standards as appropriate to your role
- By achieving the highest standards of safeguarding, whether through direct care provision or support activities to the children and young people who come into contact with our services, or by appropriately reporting concerns about any child or young person
- By promoting Equality and Diversity strategy locally including linking with local equality and diversity frameworks to ensure promotion of best practice and to inform and develop appropriate action plans
- By demonstrating a willingness and ability to operate within a constantly changing environment and as such work priorities and targets may change.
- Minimum SVQ3 in social care/equivalent qualification for housing support service or working towards.
- Registered with SSSC or equivalent/ willing to work towards registration.
- Experienced in a social care setting
- Experienced in safeguarding
- Accurate record keeping and use of data base systems and processes.
- Working as part of a team and co-working with colleagues
- to devise and deliver a package of support to young people
- Ability to engage with young people and build positive relationships
- Supporting Equality and inclusion at all times
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
If you meet all the criteria and would like to proceed with your application, you'll be redirected to an application form on our website which should only take around 30 minutes to complete. Please have your CV handy to upload. As this job involves working around children, there are some specific questions we need to ask you as part of your application process. Thanks for taking the time to apply and we wish you the best of luck!
Closing date: 27 January 2020
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.