- Location: Head Office, No.23, 15 Borrowmeadow Road, Stirling, FK7 7UW
- Salary: £25,000.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 20 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
This exciting new post is funded by Young Start, delivered by The National Lottery Community Fund. The post holder will continue with the development of Inspire Stirling’s Youth project and their work in supporting young people within the Stirling community to overcome their personal barriers to accessing physical activity and sports in a safe fun and stimulating environment. They will coordinate sporting activity and events throughout the Stirling Community offering accessible physical activity and sporting opportunities to the young people of Stirling.
The post holder will deliver the outcomes and priorities as required by Young Start.
Please note this post is fixed term for 2 years. Full time equivalent salary is £25,000 per annum. Actual salary is £13,513 per annum based on 20 hours per week.
Ability to engage positive with young people aged 8 – 25, ability to enthuse and motivate young people to take part in activity. A passion to use sport to change lives.
• Good communication skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Resilient and never give up attitude
• Ability to take constructive feedback
• Plan, coordinate and deliver throughout the Stirling Community
• Deliver high quality, fun, engaging and stimulating multi-sport and physical activity sessions
• Recruit, train, develop and deploy Inspire Stirling Volunteers
• Coordinate weekly meetings with Inspire Stirling Volunteers
• Engage with key partners and other Active Stirling staff to deliver outcomes
Contribute the successful delivery of the Sport, Physical Activity and Healthy Living Strategy.
At Active Stirling we are driven by the desire to improve people’s lives through getting more people, more active, more often. We expect our team to live and breathe our brand values: people centred, ambitious, respect, team spirit and integrity to help our customers and colleagues. This means you’ll be a true team player with a positive attitude joining a team of focused and passionate people where you’ll put people at the heart of what you do making sure a consistent quality service is delivered. As such, you will aim to develop your skills and the service of your business area. You’ll get to work at a great place with excellent learning and development opportunities. Benefits include a competitive salary, pension, generous holidays, and free use of our leisure facilities plus free car parking.