- Location: The Priory, Canaan Lane, Edinburgh, EH10 4SG
- Salary: £17,340.00 - £18,740.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type: Full Time & Part Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Full & Part time & Relief posts available Edinburgh
Salary: £18, 740 for up to 40hrs per week
We are looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference to the lives of our service users by enabling them to be apart of their own community. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support to people in their own homes, with the aim of helping people to live as independently as possible and lead a happy and purposeful life.
There will be two closing dates for this advert. Applications received before the first date of 15th November will be shortlisted for interview the last two weeks in November. Applications received before the final closing date of 29th November will be shortlisted for interview the first two weeks in December.
Ideally you will have experience working with vulnerable people in a care and support role and be able to work in a challenging environment, however we do offer a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. You will have good oral and written communication skills and an understanding of the issues affecting relevant service groups. Your planning and organisational skills will be to an acceptable standard. Most importantly you will have the right values and a passion for making a difference our service users lives.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational polices, procedures and guidelines.
• Working well as part of a team and in an individual with the motivation to work with vulnerable people.
• Carry out role and responsibilities in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In Edinburgh ARK provide support services from 5 bases to a diverse group of individuals. These are:
· Broomhouse (Bankhead, South Gyle)
· Hoseasons (Corstorphine)
· Quartermile (Lauriston)
· Southhouse (Kaimes)
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that aims to ensure vulnerable people live a full life. We need your skills, knowledge and expertise to make it possible. In return for your valuable contribution, ARK will also offer you:
• A wide range of development opportunities, including comprehensive induction, a range of specialist training programs, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days annual leave per year pro rata.
• 4.45% employer pension contribution.
• A range of working hours designed to offer you a good work-life balance.
• ARK will fully fund your PVG registration and also your initial registration with the SSSC.
If you think this could be the role for you please complete an application today and take the first step to a rewarding and fulfilling career with ARK.
We ask that all applicants read the Job Outline and Person Specification available on the current vacancies page on our website to help you complete your application. All successful candidates will be required to become a PVG scheme member as well as register with the SSSC.
To apply, please visit our website or contact via email or phone.
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694