- Location: COSLA, Verity House, 19 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH
- Salary: £57,932.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work in a key leadership role on behalf of Scottish local government and our communities.
COSLA, the Convention of Scottish Local Authorities, is the representative voice of Scottish local government. Our major priorities include promoting the role of local government as a vital part of the government of Scotland and championing local services, local leadership and local accountability. COSLA also works directly with the Scottish Government and Parliament to influence public policy and practice, and to ensure that local government has the necessary resources to implement policy on behalf of its communities.
The Health and Social Care Team supports the Health and Social Care Board, Council Leaders and the COSLA Convention to provide political leadership and take decisions relating to health and social care on behalf of Local Government. As Chief Officer, you will lead the team and work in partnership with colleagues in Scottish Government, the NHS, Integration Joint Boards, relevant professional bodies and professional advisors to Local Government, regulatory bodies and the third and independent sectors in order to advance the political will of COSLA.
To be considered for these posts, you must have:
- detailed knowledge of local government and health and social care policy, and an understanding of drivers for success in these areas.
- a proven track record of effective relationship building with politicians, civil servants and stakeholders.
- the ability to develop effective policy solutions through strategic thinking and well-developed influencing skills.
- the personal commitment and resilience to drive policy solutions through to effective implementation to make an impact to the lives of people in Scotland.
- demonstrable leadership skills to set team direction within the context of COSLA priorities.
Ideally, candidates should also have staff and budget management experience.
Applications should be made on the myjobscotland website. The closing date is 11.59pm on Wednesday 22 January 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Tuesday 28th January 2020 in Edinburgh.