- Location: Allander Sports Complex, Milngavie Road, Bearsden, G61 3DF
- Salary: £18,539.42 - £20,835.14 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 18.3 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Salary will be pro-rated for part-time positions.
We are seeking to appoint a full time ambitious & experienced individual who will be responsible for delivering the day to day operations of the fitness facility within the East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Culture Trust. You will be required to undertake a range of duties, which will include gym inductions/instructions for customers using fitness equipment and fitness assessments, ensuring that the facility is maintained to the required standard of cleanliness & repair. The Fitness Assistant will be responsible for the overseeing and general safety & behaviour of the public to prevent injury, misuse $ damage to the facility.
Possession of a recognised Gym instructors Qualification is essential as is the ability to work well with the public. A Health & Fitness related qualification would be an advantage.
The post holder will be required to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends & public holidays.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.