Part-time Leisure Attendant - Dry Side (FSLT00399)
- Dalgety Bay Leisure Centre, KY11 5NA
- £20,460 - £21,681 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
Contract type - Part-time, 20 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 4th December 2022
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 13th December 2022
To supervise Leisure Centre users including adults, youths, children and groups, to ensure safe use of facilities and equipment and to ensure cleanliness of the building.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
• To undertake a range of duties in dry and other areas which will include the cleanliness of all designated internal and external areas, control of facilities, issuing and safeguarding clothing and other personal belongings in the changing facility, assembling and dismantling facilities equipment, including sports and exhibition displays
• To oversee the general safety and behaviour of the public and users and to direct their activities to prevent injury or misuse and damage to facilities
• To adhere to current operating procedures for the facility, including the facilities Normal Operation Procedures and Emergency Action Plan, the company’s Safety policy and the Health and Safety principles contained therein
• To attend regular Health & Safety training to maintain the required Health & Safety competency required for this post.
• To give trained assistance to Leisure Centre users in difficulty, including the use of appropriate appliances (trained assistance includes poolside and lifesaving skills)
• To patrol the building in order to carry out routine maintenance and building security
• To supervise children’s activities, including birthday parties and Activity Camps
• To attend regular training to maintain the required competency and fitness standards
• Where required, to undertake basic administration functions including taking bookings, receiving cash through the computerised booking system, receiving customers, telephone calls and receiving goods
• To undertake other duties as required by centre management
• Demonstrate a knowledge of customer care requirements
• Conscientious and hard working
• Communications Skills
• Outgoing personality
• Working in a team environment
• Ability to carry out the duties of the post effectively