- Location: Levenmouth Swimming Pool and Sports Centre, Promenade, KY8 4PA
- Salary: £20,573.00 - £25,980.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 23 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
INTERVIEW DATE: THURSDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2019
To lead and deliver learn to swim sessions to the agreed standard as outlined by Scottish Swimming (SASA the sports governing body) and our company’s in-house programme. Where appropriate adapt lessons in response to business, individual and groups needs.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
Minimum Level 1 Certificate for Teaching Aquatics with a commitment to qualify to UKCC Level 2 Teacher of Aquatics / ASA , Full Teacher of Swimming or equivalent within an agreed timescale.
* Applications will be accepted from candidates who have undertaken the new SSTQ (Scottish Swimming Teacher Qualification)
First Aid Qualification
Child Protection Training
*Placement on the salary scale will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Deliver fun and innovate swimming lessons to children and adults of all abilities, in line with the Scottish Swimming (SASA) Learn to Swim programme.
- Utilise continuous assessment methods to observe, analyse and record progress of swimmers through the Learn to Swim Programme, in line with the LTAD (Long term athlete development) Swimmer Pathway.
- Promote the Fife Sports and Leisure Trust (FSLT) Learn to Swim programme and provide information of alternative products and services.
- Undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and appropriate additional training in accordance with FSLT employee development scheme.
- Operate in accordance with FSLT guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Observe operational and health and safety procedures to ensure appropriate management of vulnerable groups.
- Delivery of swimming lessons to children and adults
- Scottish Swimming Learn to Swim Programme or equivalent
- Working with swimmers of all abilities from complete beginners to stroke development level
- Liaising with parents of swimmers
- Ability to group swimmers according to ability
- Ability to communicate effectively with swimmers (children and adults), parents and team members
- Demonstrate an understanding of Health and Safety when delivering swimming lessons
- Ability to mentor UKCC Level 1 Teacher of Aquatics / Assistant Swimming Teachers
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, to inspire confidence and motivate participants
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and innovative
- Outgoing and confident
- Ability to listen and adapt and react quickly and positively
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team