- Foster Care Connect Ltd, 42 High Street, TD1 1SE
- £20 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 21 hours per week
This position has expired.
FOSTER CARE CONNECT IS AN INDEPENDENT FOSTERING AGENCY – ESTABLISHED IN 2004. OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE SAFE AND LOVING HOME-BASED CARE FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN SCOTLAND WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO LIVE WITH THEIR OWN FAMILY. WE STRIVE TO ENABLE THEM TO ACHIEVE AND HAVE THE CONFIDENCE TO DEVELOP AND GROW HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS AT HOME, IN THEIR COMMUNITIES AND INTO ADULT LIFE.
Foster Care Connect is a not-for-profit agency that is based in Galashiels in the Scottish Borders. Foster Care Connect currently employs 10 dedicated individuals who share best practice values. The agency provides support to carers in Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife as well as in the Scottish Borders.
Foster Care Connect have an exciting opportunity for a Learning, Development & Wellbeing Co-ordinator to join the team. This post offers the opportunity to join a small developing, ambitious organisation with a committed and enthusiastic team.
The role would suit an experienced Learning & Development Co-ordinator or person who has demonstrable experience in implementing learning and development initiatives. You will make a meaningful contribution to the Learning, Development & Wellbeing as well as the overall success of the Agency.
In this role you will be required to develop strong relationships, drive, design and deliver training projects to support staff and foster carers including identifying learning needs and development and translating these into relevant training solutions.
The role includes maintaining and updating training records, building relationships with internal and external professionals to maintain our reputation and further raise the profile of the Agency.
The experience and qualities Foster Care Connect are looking for are:
· Educated to degree level or with extensive learning & development experience.
· Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate clearly and sensitively.
· High degree of creativity, initiative and self-motivation to work autonomously producing highly accurate work to best convey the learning required.
· Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
· Willingness to apply extra effort from time to time and to work flexibly to meet business needs.
· Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Office 365 systems.
· Quick to pick up and apply new functionality and technical knowledge and skills and share these skills.
· The ability to work in partnership with other agencies.
· Full driver’s licence and access to a car.
· Experience of working in a childcare/social care setting would be desirable .
· Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing parents and foster carers would be desirable.
· An understanding of the findings of The Care Review would be desirable.
· An understanding of the foundations of The Promise would be desirable.
This is an extremely rewarding role, which can make a real and significant difference to vulnerable children and young people in our society.
The successful candidate will become part of a developing agency which aims to be sector leading, embraces relationship-based practice and focuses on addressing the implications of adverse childhood experiences.
To register your interest in this vacancy, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or post to SW Vacancy, Foster Care Connect, 42 High Street, Galashiels, TD1 1SE. Closing date: Thursday 24th June 2021 at 5pm.