- Location: Ladywell Business Centre, 94 Duke Street, Glasgow, G4 0UW
- Salary: £24,478.42 - £28,622.39 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Jobs & Business Glasgow (JBG) are here to support the residents of Glasgow to take part in training courses, assist them in securing employment via help with CVs, job searches, application and to regain their confidence that their future can be positive.
JBG also helps to positively transform Glasgow through economic growth, with a focus on business through assisting with both the creation of start-up organisations and the growth of organisations. Other business activities include Rising Stars Childcare, the second largest provider of childcare in Glasgow, and the commercial property management of rental premises across the City.
Successful candidates will work in the heart of Glasgow communities to build commitment and motivation that will enable unemployed clients to join and progress along the employability pathway.
Employability Adviser duties include the promotion of engagement activity to encourage those out of work to access services, offering advice and guidance to clients through a caseload management approach and to engage with employers across Glasgow and the surrounding areas to identify and create opportunities for meaningful work experience placements which support successful job progressions and learning outcomes.
The successful candidates may be required to work from any Jobs & Business Glasgow’s locations
The postholder will:
• Build commitment and motivation that will enable clients to join the employability pathway;
• Build and maintain positive relationships with clients and support services to remove barriers preventing progression into employment, training or learning opportunities;
• Adopt and assist in developing an effective approach to partnership working, liaising with local and citywide partners and service providers;
• Proactively market the range of services available within Jobs & Business Glasgow to a range of external agencies, local communities and employers to support the development and growth of projects;
• Manage a caseload of clients who require ongoing support and personal guidance over time to achieve progression, making effective use of current employability tools and interventions.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
• Experience in delivery of a range of guidance and employability support work and a good understanding of the social inclusion issues and the barriers faced by individuals in relation to learning, career and life issues;
• A track record working with unemployed clients and progressing them to positive destinations including further education, training and employment;
• Positive attitude to achieving targets and commitment to progressing both client and company objectives.
Further information regarding this role can be found on the Job Description document.
This post is fixed term for a period up to 2 years.
JBG salaries are subject to an agreed pay award from 1 April 2020, the salary shown for this role includes this pay award.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us