- Location: Various locations throughout the City, G4 0QW
- Salary: £17,918.43 - £19,506.75 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
* Please be advised that we are recruiting for future vacancies within the orgnanisation. Preferred candidates will be added to the recruitment pipeline and will be offered start dates as and when vacancies arise *
Glasgow Life is the charity providing the support, inspiration and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a real and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
As Glasgow Life Assistant (Sport) you will thrive in an environment where no two days are the same. You could start your day welcoming customers and processing admission at reception, next onto supervising bathers within the swimming pool (subject to NPLQ qualification) or coaching a sports session before finishing the day cleaning and preparing the venue for it all to begin again tomorrow. As you can see, flexibility is key.
Our busiest venues can attract 1500 customers per day, therefore you will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves playing a key role in maintaining the venue to the highest standard of cleanliness and presentation. With a strong focus on safety and customer service, you will assist customers in the safe and effective use of facilities and promote the wide range of services on offer through excellent product knowledge.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and/or Sports Coaching Qualifications are desirable
• Excellent customer service skills with experience of working in a front-line service delivery role
• Proficient literacy and numeracy skills
• Good IT skills with previous experience of operating software systems
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an aptitude to work with children and young people
• Be willing and able to work in any one of our 27 venues across the city http://glasgowclub.org/Venues/Pages/Venues.aspx
• Ability to work on a fixed shift pattern of early shift, back shift or weekends (applies to part time applicants only)
• Ability to work a flexible shift pattern including early shift, back shift and weekends (applies to full time applicants only)
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement and family friendly policies.
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under represented in our organisation.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme (children) will be essential on taking up appointment. Please note successful candidates for the above position will be required to pay for their PVG Membership/or Scheme Checks.
Various full time and part time hours available and salary will be pro ratad depending on hours worked.
Please note this is a re advertisement and previous applicants should not re-apply.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us