- Location: Various areas throughout the City, Glasgow
- Salary: £18,533.28 - £22,073.63 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Jobs & Business Glasgow (JBG) are here to support the residents of Glasgow to take part in training courses, assist them in securing employment via help with CVs, job searches, application and to regain their confidence that their future can be positive.
JBG also helps to positively transform Glasgow through economic growth, with a focus on business through assisting with both the creation of start-up organisations and the growth of organisations. Other business activities include Rising Stars Childcare, the second largest provider of childcare in Glasgow, and the commercial property management of rental premises across the City.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time permanent Maintenance Officer who will be primarily based at Ladywell Business Centre, though will be required to work across various locations within Glasgow. There may also be a requirement to work evenings and weekends to meet the demands of the business.
The maintenance Officer is responsible for the maintenance of Jobs and Business Glasgow’s property portfolio including the caretaking, upkeep, maintenance and ensuring the legal compliance of the properties. Working closely with external contractors and the core Property team, the postholder will be required to open and close properties when necessary and ensure they are maintained to a high standard.
The postholder will:
• Undertake general maintenance and upkeep duties including joinery, plumbing, basic electrical work and painting and decorating tasks, all in accordance with safe working practices;
• Identify the need for specialist contractors, liaise with contractors, tenants, staff and any other relevant parties, where necessary;
• Support the Maintenance Planning Officer with maintain the property helpdesk and associated reporting procedures;
• Be responsible for ensuring all buildings are safe, clean and rubbish free whilst carrying out building maintenance;
• Undertake fault finding tasks.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
• A relevant qualification and/or extensive experience in one or more of the following areas – Joinery, Plumbing, Painting, Electrical, Building and General Fault Finding & Maintenance;
• A knowledge of Health and Safety requirements;
• They hold a class B driving licence.
Further information regarding this role can be found on the Job Description document.
Please note this is a re advertisement and previous applicants should not re-apply.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us