- Longmore House, Edinburgh, EH9 1SH
- £41,867 - £47,574 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 week per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Historic Environment Scotland’s Heritage Directorate provides expertise on the management of Scotland’s historic buildings, historic landscapes and archaeological sites and manages the National Record of the Historic Environment. The Archaeology and World Heritage team:
• Provides expert advice to Finance for Archaeology grants and manages specific commissions and contracts (including Human Remains and Emergency Archaeology and Radiocarbon Call-off Contracts)
• Helps co-ordinate Scotland's Archaeology Strategy, liaising with the Strategic Archaeology Committee and external partners
• Provides leadership and advice for World Heritage Sites and World Heritage processes in Scotland
• Co-ordinates some of Scotland's World Heritage Sites and liaises with co-ordinators in other organisations
• The team currently also houses Scotland’s Rock Art project and the Archaeological Survey team.
This post, within the Archaeology and World Heritage Team of the Heritage Directorate, will lead on the strategic development and targeted delivery of the World Heritage Management Plan for the Antonine Wall.
This involves liaison with World Heritage partners nationally (including five local authorities), and internationally.
You will be expected to be flexible and available to work across Scotland as directed, with a particular emphasis on travelling to locations along the Antonine Wall and with the five partner local authorities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website.