- Location: Goudie Street, PA3 2LG
- Rate: £17.69 - £22.33 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 25 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Hours of Work
25 hour per week, to be worked flexibly, working pattern can be negotiated.
Who are we?
Kibble is a specialist provider of services for at risk children and young people across the UK. Many of the young people the charity cares for have experienced significant trauma in their lives and we provide a safe, stable environment that is both nurturing and therapeutic. With a robust support network and wide range of integrated services, we offer young people opportunities and encourage them to believe in themselves, feel a sense of belonging, and realise their own self-worth.
What is the Job Function?
- Review and evaluate internal control systems and procedures to ensure that management policies are being complied with, assets are safeguarded, information is maintained in a secure and accurate manner and legal responsibilities are complied with.
- Review and evaluate internal procedures and supporting documentation to ensure that they provide an effective control system and to identify any weaknesses.
- Carry out audits and compliance testing to ensure that procedures are operating effectively with appropriate controls and recommend changes where necessary.
- Recommend new procedures to assist managers and staff in complying with financial regulations and meeting their objectives.
- Carry out reviews of specific functions and processes to promote best value and recommend improvements.
- Develop and maintain an internal audit programme to ensure that all functions are subject to systematic review
Who are we looking for?
Reporting to the Audit Committee, the role requires an assessment of business risks and the
controls to mitigate risk for the Centre and subsidiaries.In addition, the post holder will be
expected to respond to management needs as they arise.
What qualification and experience are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant, ideally CA/ACA qualified.
- Post-qualifying experience in accountancy or auditing.
- Strong awareness of approach to risk management and internal controls developed in either an internal or external audit environment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively at all levels throughout the organisation.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work.
Pension, holidays (up to 8 weeks per year) and employee benefits including cash4health, employee assistance programme, free parking, free meals, gym membership plus access to onsite physio.
This job outline reflects the main tasks and responsibilities discharged by the post holder at the present time, however, Kibble reserves the right to alter or amend the content of this job outline to reflect changes to the job or services provided, while maintaining the overall character and level of responsibility for the post.
Notwithstanding any information or statement described within this job outline, all duties must be carried out in a way that promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all individuals and which is consistent with Kibble’s stated policy on equal opportunities.
The successful candidate will be subject to PVG Scheme Membership. Having previous convictions will not automatically disbar you from working at Kibble (with the exception of offences against children or other vulnerable groups) and every case is taken on an individual basis.
Appointments will be subject to a twelve-month probationary period.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 18 September 2019 at 4.00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 24 September 2019