- Location: Quarriers Village, PA11 3SX
- Salary: £50,000.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 week per year
This position has expired.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Quarriers for a Senior Finance Manager (Commercial).
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, you will manage financial and capital resources to sustain the investment in Quarriers Charitable objectives.
Qualified as a CCAB Accountant (preferably Chartered Accountant), you will also have a good understanding of Commercial Management or Business Law. A working background in these additional specialisms would be advantageous but not essential.
This is a key senior role which would be suited to an individual with good commercial awareness and a working knowledge of contracts. You will have experience in the preparation of budgets, cashflow forecasts and tenders for a complex organisation.
The successful candidate will have a number of key objectives and accountabilities including:
- Provide effective commercial management relating to contracts with clients and suppliers, liaising with legal advisers as required.
- Lead the budget and forecasting processes including monitoring of organisational cash flow to ensure sufficient cash is available to meet commitments.
- Lead on payroll processes, supporting the Payroll Manager as required.
- Support departments with queries/requests for information relating to Local Authority contracts.
- Lead on procurement activity.
- Lead on Insurance and pension schemes working closely with external advisers.
- Assistance with tenders as required.
The Finance Department consists of 15 staff. It is the responsibility of the department to ensure that Quarriers financial records are up to date and accurate. In addition, the Finance Department provides relevant information to enable the organisation to make appropriate financial decisions.
Should you wish to speak about this opportunity please email Niall Macpherson, Director of Finance and Corporate Services at Niall.Macpherson@quarriers.org.uk.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers is one of Scotland's leading social care charities. We provide much-needed care and support for thousands of vulnerable children, young people, adults and families to reach their true potential.
Quarriers supports thousands of people across more than 120 services throughout Scotland. Our work promotes a just and accepting society, where everyone is included. We support children and families facing challenging circumstances and help to transform lives for people affected by epilepsy. We support young people to unlock their potential. We give adults with disabilities more opportunities, and importantly, a voice.
Quarriers has been transforming lives for over 145 years and this is just the beginning.
Quarriers in partnership with its recognised trade union UNISON have reviewed the Fair Work Framework and have agreed to work together to ensure that Quarriers continues to be a good and fair employer, by achieving the requirements of the Fair Work Framework.
We are fully committed to supporting the well-being of each and every staff member.
WHAT WE OFFER
Help with family life
- Family friendly and flexible working policies and procedures, we will try to match rota requirements to your own commitments, allowing you to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay and a competitive holiday entitlement.
- Opportunity to join our HSF Employee Benefits service.
Extra support when you need it
- Access to free physiotherapy and occupational health.
- Free access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme.
- Workplace pension.
- Christmas savings scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Long service rewards.