- East Dunbartonshire, g21
- £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Care to join us? Then come reach your full potential at Quarriers.
Do you have a passion for people and care about helping others live fulfilling lives? We are looking for caring individuals who share Quarriers values.
Quarriers have Investors in People Platinum accreditation.
We also pay sleepover hours at £9.50 per hour.
Quarriers East Dunbartonshire Services supports adults with mental heath issues and learning and physical disabilities through providing direct physical assistance, emotional support, advice and encouragement in all areas of everyday living from help with housework to enjoying a full and active life through activities in the community.
We have 3 services which fall under our East Dunbartonshire project:-
- East Dunbartonshire Phase 1
- The Phase 1 project consists of 3 houses of multiple occupancy (4 people) with learning, physical or mental health disabilities. These houses are located in the Lenzie and Waterside areas of Kirkintilloch. We support people to live a full and active life within the community and with their everyday living skills. 3 services have a dedicated nightshift worker, although employees are expected to work day shifts, backshifts and nightshifts when necessary.
- East Dunbartonshire Phase 2
- This service provides single services based all over East Dunbartonshire (Kirkintilloch, Milngavie, Bishopbriggs, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown and Bearsden). Employees are required to work in a minimum of 2 services. We match successful candidates with the interests and needs of the people that we support. These needs vary from independendance (prompting and guiding) to complex needs (full personal care support). We have a large focus on supporting and encouraging individuals in community involvement. Sleepovers are required in this service.
- East Dunbartonshire Phase 3
- This service supports individuals from ages 19 to 66 years old in Milngavie, Bearsden and Milton of Campsie. The people we support all have been diagnosed with a learning disability and require 24 hour support. Each individual has a bespoke care plan that details the support required in order to enable them to lead an active life specific to their needs and wishes. The shift pattern Rota is based on a shift ratio of three shifts (early, back shift and waking nights). Shift times for early and back shift vary depending on the needs of the individuals being supported.
We are looking for Full Time, Part Time and Relief Support Workers to work with individuals who have a wide range of support needs, providing them with their personal care and encouraging them to achieve their own personal outcomes in all aspects of their daily lives e.g. keeping safe, meaningful activities, community involvement, physical health, relationships, emotional health and wellbeing.
Hours are varied and are open to discussion in line with the needs of the services. Rotas are 4 to 6 weeks in advance, hours include dayshift, backshift and sleepovers.
Full details of this role can be viewed by clicking 'Apply'.
Please note that IT skills are required for all Quarriers vacancies.
Where applicable, successful candidates will be required to register with the SSSC within 6 months of start date.
At Quarriers our staff are our most important asset therefore we offer extensive training and impressive learning and development opportunities. We are a SVQ accredited centre. You could be part of an organisation that not only offers excellent careers but makes a real difference to thousands of People’s lives.
Quarriers is one of Scotland’s leading social care charities. We provide practical care and support for vulnerable children, adults and families who face extremely challenging circumstances. We challenge poverty and inequality of opportunity to bring about positive changes in people’s lives.