- Location: New Struan School, Bradbury Campus, 100 Smithfield Loan, Alloa , FK10 1NP
- Salary: SNCT scales
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Based in Alloa, Central Scotland
Reference No: SA/933
New Struan School is a vibrant Independent day and residential school for autistic young people between the ages of 5 and 19. Our school vision ‘to enable our pupils to become included, confident learners in the community’ is at the heart of everything we do. We live out our values of Collaboration, Compassion, Change Maker, and Contribution as a whole school community.
We are looking to appoint a new Head Teacher who can work collaboratively and continue to deliver on our ambition to ensure that New Struan is recognised as a centre of excellence and a key contributor in the delivery of the national strategy: The Right Help at the Right time in the Right Place. Through our Values Charter, curriculum approach and positive ethos we strive to provide the structured and supportive environment which enables each and every one of our pupils to reach their full potential.
We have a purpose built, spacious and flexible school building in Alloa, Central Scotland. The school currently has a roll of 22 pupils who attend the school from a variety of Local Authorities across Scotland on a day or residential placement basis.
The successful applicant will be expected to evidence the Professional Standards for Leadership and Management:
- Establish, sustain and enhance the culture of self-evaluation for school improvement
- Develop staff capability, capacity and leadership to support the culture and practice of learning
- Ensure consistent high quality teaching and learning for all learners
- Build and sustain partnerships with learners, families and relevant partners to meet the identified needs of all learners
- Allocate resources effectively in line with identified strategic and operational priorities
If you have leadership experience in the area of complex additional needs, a values-based compassionate approach and are looking for a fresh challenge we are keen to hear from you.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please visit www.scottishautism.org/headteacher
Applicants should review the application pack and submit a CV related to the above and a covering letter to email@example.com by Wednesday 30th September, outlining how you meet the Professional Standards.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th September 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 6th October 2020
Registered charity number is SC009068.
Scottish Autism has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.