- Location: Galashiels Homecare Office, 4 Abbotsford Road, Galashiels, Selkirkshire, TD1 3DS
- Salary: £25,000.65 - £27,701.64 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Hourly Rate: £13.69 - £15.17
Salary: £25,000.65 - £27,701.64 pro rata per annum
Contract Duration: Temporary until 31 December 2020
A vacancy has arisen in the Galashiels Care at Home team as an Out of Hours Assistant Homecare Manager.
Working within SB Cares the Care at Home team for Scottish Borders Council which proves a variety of quality adult social care support services to the people of the Scottish Borders. This position is to assist in managing the provision of Care at Home, during the out of hours period, including Christmas, New Year and any other Public or Fixed holiday, across the Scottish Borders. This will involve providing flexible services to people living in the community on the basis of assessed need. There will be close links with the Emergency Duty and operational teams in the division who will be responsible for assessment and care management
• Combined SVQ3/HNC in Social Care or equivalent
• PDA in supervision in Health and Social Care services or equivalent.
• If you do not have an HNC qualification you will be required to gain the qualification within 2 years of taking up the post
Informal enquiries can be made to Louise Wilson, 01835 826700 lwilson2sbcares.co.uk or to Alexandra Murray, 01896 662701 Alexandra.Murray@sbcares.co.uk
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.