- Location: Thistle House, 91 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HE, EH12 5EY
- Salary: £22,530.00 - £24,350.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Based in central Edinburgh, the Scottish Legal Aid Board (SLAB) is looking for a full time Assistant Support officer within Information Systems Department of our Corporate Services Directorate.
SLAB manages legal aid in Scotland and is committed to improving the Scottish legal aid system for the legal profession, their clients and the public.
The successful candidate will provide efficient and timely administrative support for the full range of services provided by the Information Systems (IS) Department within SLAB. The main duties will include being the first point of contact and to provide support within IS Department for internal and external stakeholders. For all details, please see full job description.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
• knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (in particular Excel and Word);
• strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload and work with minimum supervision, using your own initiative where necessary;
• excellent telephone manner and good writing skills;
• strong customer service skills with a demonstrable willingness to help customers and a good level of empathy for customer problems
• strong attention to detail and the ability to deal with information confidentially;
• flexible and adaptable approach to change, with a genuine enthusiasm for learning new things.
In return, we offer interesting work experience in a dynamic office. SLAB is a recognisable public service organisation. We will provide you stable and good employment conditions and a competitive holiday entitlement of 34 days per year (inclusive of public and privilege holidays). Also, the office is located in central Edinburgh with great access to public transport.
To apply, please visit our website and click the “Apply Now” button. For assistance, email email@example.com or phone 0131 240 2027. Completed applications should be submitted by the Tuesday 3rd March 2020. Interviews will likely take place in Edinburgh in the middle of March.