- 91 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HA
- £32,150 - £37,380 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Who we are
Legal aid plays a vital role in Scottish society by enabling people to enforce and protect their rights, defend themselves and manage their personal affairs and relationships. The Scottish Legal Aid Board is the national funding body for most solicitor and advocate delivered publicly funded legal services.
We also have a role in advising Scottish Ministers on the strategic development of legal assistance.
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce. We pride ourselves as being an employer of choice.
We are currently recruiting for a research officer, experienced in working in the field of social or market research. This is permanent, full-time and pensionable position.
The post holder will contribute to the delivery of SLAB’s research programme, which assists the organisation in delivering its mission and strategic objectives.
As a member of our established research function, you will assist the organisation with delivering qualitative and quantitative research projects, carrying out or managing all stages from inception and specification to fieldwork to analysis and report writing. You will work on a variety of projects at any one time, in addition to supporting teams across SLAB with advice on their research needs.
Being part of the Policy and Development department, you will work in a supportive team environment alongside colleagues who are also engaged in collaborative work internally and externally. You will have frequent contact with senior colleagues, including the Policy Projects Manager and Manager of Policy and Development, regular contact with the Director of Strategic Development, who oversee the research function, and occasional contact with the Chief Executive and other Directors.
- Knowledge and practical experience of a range of social research methods
- Experience of managing or conducting research projects
- Proven ability to analyse results, produce findings and recommendations
- Proven ability to interview and facilitate focus groups at all levels, including senior stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of data handling and processing, data analysis and reporting
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Persistent, but able to maintain a sensitive and diplomatic approach
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation and group facilitation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills self-motivation, discipline and customer focus
- Adaptability to rapidly changing requirements and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong achievement orientation and an ability to get things done
- Good personal organisation
- Good working IT skills including MS Office package, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of work in / with central or local government, non-departmental public body or charity will be beneficial but it is not mandatory
SLAB as an organisation is offering stable employment with a wide range of benefits. You will have access to flexible hours and occasional remote working, as well as other employment benefits offered by the Scottish Legal Aid Board, which are listed in the full job description.
To access the full job description, person specification and application details, please see the attached documents below.
For assistance, please contact Klaudia Hall on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0131 240 2145.