- SPS College, Newlands Road, Brighton, FK20DE
- £32,185 - £40,288 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
Full time role, willing to discuss part-time and flexible options
A rare opportunity has arisen within the Scottish Prison Service (SPS) for a Talent Development Manager to join our Organisational Development Directorate to support us in identifying, developing, engaging and retaining individuals key to the success of our organisation.
We are growing our work in this area to include Apprenticeship schemes, Leadership Development Events and Programmes, and Potential Programmes (e.g. Trainee Manager) – all in support of a learning and development culture.
As Talent Development Manager, you be a key enabler of change by delivering high quality, flexible, innovative and accessible talent development activities. Leading on the end-to-end delivery and evaluation of our talent programmes/activities, you will ensure effective processes and infrastructures are maintained to deliver high impact outcomes.
SPS values diversity in all aspects of work and this role will proactively support, encourage and champion diversity and inclusion in talent development.
This a temporary vacancy for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of an extension or permanency.
If you have experience in the following areas, we would love to hear from you:
- Design, delivery and evaluation of learning/development/talent activities or programmes
- Supporting and enabling change for the good of the organisation and its people
- Managing projects and/or multiple work streams to deliver positive outcomes
Benefits on offer include (but are not limited to):
- An attractive Civil Service Pension – employer contributions of 27.1%
- Hybrid working policy – supporting flexibility in work arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Opportunity for progression
- Annual Leave – 34days rising to 42days
- Sick Pay
- Discounts on High Street stores, supermarkets and restaurants through our partners at Blue Light Card, Edenred and Civil Service Sports Council
For further information on this opportunity, including full job description, person specification, assessment process and to apply, please visit www.sps.gov.uk/careers.
Closing date for applications is: 3rd October 2022.