- Location: 131 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5JF
- Salary: Placing dependent on experience / qualifications
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) is the largest of Scotland’s seven regional transport partnerships. As well as running the Glasgow Subway, SPT delivers an extensive range of public transport services including bus stations and subsidised bus services, manages large transport infrastructure projects and is responsible for delivery of a long-term multi-modal transport strategy for the west of Scotland. We are a unique organisation.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Finance team at SPT and support the delivery of business improvement across the organisation. The Business Improvement Analyst role is to facilitate reviews of specific organisational functions, ensuring that processes are as lean as possible whilst still being fit for purpose.
As well as an excellent remuneration package, SPT offers a great career average pension scheme, free Subway travel and subsidised rail travel to and from work.
You will be an experienced Business Improvement Analyst who has previously managed a wide range of business improvement projects. In addition to this, you will be an expert in process modelling along with other business improvement techniques. The ability to work on you own initiative is essential. A sound knowledge of MS Office is required, including Visio, Excel, Word and Power Point. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
The key responsibilities of the role are set out in the role description and include:
- Conducting business process reviews using various business improvement techniques.
- Make recommendations for improved business processes and communicate the benefits of the recommendations across the organisation.
- Manage stakeholders at all levels of the organisation throughout the review process.
- Assist where required in the implementation of business process recommendations.
- Carry out 6 monthly post review audits to ensure that recommendations have been implemented and where not implemented there is a valid reason.
Working at SPT comes with many benefits you can look forward to:
- Competitive Salary
- Good Annual and Public Holiday Entitlement
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – SPT contribute 19.3% of your annualised pay
- Commitment to your ongoing learning and development
- Employee Travel Pass Scheme – a Subway Smartcard to travel on the Glasgow Subway for free
- Discounted Season Rail Tickets – maximum of £300 towards the cost of an annual rail ticket
To apply, please select the ‘Apply Now’ button to complete an online application form. Closing date for applications is 22nd October 2019.
SPT is an Equal Opportunities company welcoming applications from a diverse background.
For applicants with special requirements, please email HRTeam@spt.co.uk quoting the above reference.