- Perth Workshop, PH1 3EE
- £24,772.00 - £27,125.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
New opportunities within the Transport Services Section of Tayside Contracts
Tayside Contracts is seeking to employ mechanics at each of its three workshops within its vehicle maintenance function. These are at Inveralmond Industrial Estate, Perth, Elliot Industrial Estate, Arbroath and Clepington Road, Dundee.
The roles involve the maintenance of a diverse fleet of vehicles and plant for both Tayside Contracts and our external customers.
You will have served a recognised and relevant apprenticeship and hold a relevant City & Guilds 381, parts 1, 2 & 3 or equivalent SVQ qualification.
A current driving licence, Category B, is essential and Category C1, C or C+E is desirable.
We offer a competitive salary*, have some fantastic employee benefits and have opportunities for working overtime at enhanced rates.
Mechanic: £24,772.03 - £27,125.76 per annum (£12.84 - £14.06 per hour)
*Salary placing is dependent on skills and experience. An additional 3% cost of living pay rise is effective on 1 April 2020 which applies to salary and allowances, unless otherwise stated:
- Tool allowance - £15.00 per week (reviewed periodically).
- Night working allowance - £18.83 per night (where applicable).
- Standby Payment - £119.69 per week when on standby (it is a contractual requirement that mechanics participate on a stand-by rota).
- Access to a local government, career average pension scheme which provides life and ill-health cover (17% contribution by Tayside Contracts).
- 32 days annual leave including 5 fixed public holidays rising to 37 days after 5 years’ service.
- Long service days after 10 years (1 day), 20 years (3 days) and 30 years’ service (5 days).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- 10% discount in-store at Halfords until April 2020.
- Learning and Career Development Opportunities.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week working 2 shifts.
Perth (on rotation)
Early shift - 06.00 to 14.00 Mon to Thurs and 06.00 to 13.30 Fri
Late shift - 13.30 to 22.00 Mon to Thurs and 12.30 to 17.30 Fri
If you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please apply online via our website or call for an application pack.
For an informal discussion, please contact Derek Laing, Fleet Maintenance Manager.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 6 DECEMBER 2019