Assistant (Retirement Plus)
- 11 Balgowan Drive, DD3 0HZ
- £8,237 pro-rated per annum (£19,305 FTE)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 16 hours per week
This position has expired.
New Assistant, Retirement Plus Opportunity in Dundee
Bield is one of the largest providers of housing and support services to older people in Scotland. We value kindness above all, and at Bield, you will have a unique opportunity to have a positive impact.
Our motto is ‘Free to be’ – we strongly believe that older people should be free to make their own choices and be able to live as independently as possible. If you share our values, we’d love for you to join our team and help us on our journey.
We are currently looking for a caring and enthusiastic person to join our Balgowan Court team in Dundee. Our team provide high quality care at home services to older people in a Bield housing development. We aim to maximise the independent living skills of older people while creating and maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.
As an Assistant, Retirement Plus you will be undertaking a range of duties, ensuring the development maintains a high level of cleanliness within all common areas of the building. You will also be involved in assisting the Cook with the preparation and delivery of a flexible meals service to tenants in accordance with food safety and service standards as well as provide general assistance to tenants on issues relating to the development. You will work as part of the team ensuring a high quality care and support with a focus on maximising the independent living skills of older people and maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for the tenants of the development.
Hours of employment are 16 hours per week, working 2 out of 7 days.
- Excellent holidays of up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Option to buy or sell holidays each year
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career breaks
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We pay the cost of Disclosure checks for employment opportunities
- There may be an option to work additional hours in your own or other services, although this can’t always be guaranteed
- If you would like the ability to work more flexibly then you may find that joining our bank of casual workers will provide you with the flexibility to balance work and other commitments
Role Requirements include:
- Experience working in a similar post is desirable, although not essential as training will be provided.
- Ability to assist with food preparation of a meal where guidance is provided and the ability to heat a prepared meal or prepare a simple evening meal.
- Ability to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the common areas of the development.
- Ability to calmly and appropriately respond to calls for assistance including occasional emergency situations i.e. fire alarm sounding, flood within the development.
- Ability to follow simple procedures involving development equipment.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work over a shift rota including days, evenings and weekends.
Please see the attachment above for the full job description and person specification.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact us using the details above.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means you must disclose all unspent and relevant spent convictions on your application.
Bield Housing & Care. Scottish Charity no. SC006878 I Property Factor PF000146