- St Ninian’s Road, EH49 7BY
- £20,475 per annum
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Care Assistant Opportunities in West Port (Bield at Home), Linlithgow
Our motto is ‘Free to be’ – we strongly believe that older people should be free to make their own choices and be able to live as independently as possible. If you share our values, we’d love for you to join our team and help us on our journey.
We are currently looking for two caring and enthusiastic persons to join our West Port (Bield at Home) team in Linlithgow. Our team provide high-quality care at home services to older people in the community. We aim to maximise the independent living skills of older people while creating and maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.
As a Care Assistant you will be providing person centred care and housing support for identified service users receiving a care service in a housing development or within the immediate local community. Meeting service users in the community to provide care and support, you will also work as part of the team ensuring a high quality care and support with a focus on maximising the independent living skills of older people.
Hours of employment are 37.5 per week, 4 out of 7 days on a rota basis (currently expected to be 4 days on, 4 days off), which will include mornings, evenings and weekends.
If you are invited to attend an interview, we will discuss your availability; however, you should be able to work at our peak times throughout the day and at weekends.
- Care Assistant hourly rate is GBP 10.50
- Excellent holidays of up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Option to buy or sell holidays each year
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career breaks
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We pay the cost of your PVG Membership or record update
- Opportunities to receive support and funding to help you achieve a vocational qualification if you don't already have one
- If you would like the ability to work more flexibly then you may find that joining our bank of casual workers will provide you with the flexibility to balance work and other commitments
Role Requirements include:
- You will be working in the community, so Driving Licence and access to a road worthy car with insurance for work is necessary
- Experience of providing person centred care or support to older people is desirable
- Genuine interest in, and, an open flexible approach to, the promotion of excellent standards of care for older people
- To have the ability to provide One to One Care: to provide care and support so enabling a service user to feel valued and respected as an individual
- To be able to apply Observation Skills in a Care Setting: to recognise changes in behaviour which may indicate the requirement to alter care and support
- Emotional Resilience: To be able to cope with and respond to challenging situations, e.g. changing behaviour, bereavement
- Ability to work over a shift rota including days, evenings and weekends
Please see the attachment above for the full job description and person specification.
Bield is one of the largest providers of housing and support services to older people in Scotland. We value kindness above all, and at Bield, you will have a unique opportunity to have a positive impact.
If you are interested in working with us on a flexible basis, providing cover for holidays, absence or at peak times, please complete the application form and indicate Casual Work within your supporting statement. Alternatively, contact Bield’s HR team directly to find out more about casual work opportunities.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact us using the details above.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means you must disclose all unspent and relevant spent convictions on your application.
Bield Housing & Care. Scottish Charity no. SC006878 I Property Factor PF000146