- Whitehill Lodge Whitehill Drive , EH22 2LG
- £12,753 per year £12,753 pro rata per annum ( £21,255 fte)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 22.5 hours per week
New Cook/Chef Opportunity in Dalkeith
Do you love your current job as a Cook but would prefer more sociable working hours? Bield want to hear from you!
Bield is one of the largest providers of housing and support services to older people in Scotland and everyone plays an important role in making sure that our services improve the lives of older people in Scotland.
Our Retirement Housing with Meals service, Whitehill Lodge in Dalkeith is currently looking for a Cook. This would be a great opportunity for someone who would like to have more flexibility around their working arrangements and/or gain experience in social care.
You will have the opportunity to place health and nutrition of older people at the centre of our meals service, working closely with our tenants to plan and prepare menus that meet individual preferences and dietary requirements. It is paramount that all food hygiene and health and safety standards set by Bield and external regulators are met, therefore an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent would be desirable. You must also have experience of delivering a high standard of meal service with an understanding of nutritional and dietary requirements of older people.
Please see the attachment above for the full job description and person specification.
Hours of employment are average of 22.5 per week, organised as shown below:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am -5:30pm with a 1 hour unpaid break.
- Fantastic working hours – no late shifts or night-time working
- Excellent holidays of up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees)
- On the job and work related training, including access to accredited qualifications i.e. Advanced Food Hygiene
- Option to buy or sell holidays each year
- Bield cover the cost of Disclosure checks for employment opportunities
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Long Service Awards
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career breaks
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact us using the details above.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means you must disclose all unspent and relevant spent convictions on your application.