- 42 Polwarth Gardens, EH11 1LN
- £14,952 to £16,680 pro rata (£18,690 to £20,850 FTE)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 27.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our Private Retirement Developments at John Ker Court & Gillsland Grove in Edinburgh.
At Bield we value kindness above all and as part of our team you will have a unique opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of older people. Every day is different when you work in Health and Social Care and while it may not be the job for everyone, if you are reliable, compassionate and have a natural ability to care then you’ll soon become an important part of our already outstanding and caring teams.
As Scheme Manager you will manage the Private Retirement Development to ensure that residents can enjoy a secure and comfortable environment in accordance with Procedures Manuals and Operational Policies and Procedures.
You will ensure that the property is maintained to a high standard, including Health & Safety and security aspects and promote good relations among residents by fostering community spirit, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times in respect of matters pertaining to residents and the Association.
Hours of employment are 27.5 per week organised Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 3.00 pm, including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
- You must have experience of working in housing, social care or health services or have demonstrable personal or volunteer experience through which a thorough understanding of the needs of older people and services provided to older people has been gained.
- It is essential you have the skills required to develop and maintain professional relationships with residents, relatives, colleagues and other professionals, maintain appropriate confidentiality and are able to deal with emergency situations.
- Qualification in Social Care HNC, SVQ2 or equivalent would be desirable.
Please see the attachment above for the full job description and person specification.
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Excellent holidays of up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Option to buy or sell holidays each year
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career breaks
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Payment of your Standard Disclosure check with Disclosure Scotland
- A wide range of learning and development activities including management & leadership programmes, job related training and qualifications to ensure your continuous progress.
If you require this information in an alternative format please contact us using the details above.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means you must disclose all unspent and relevant spent convictions on your application.
Bield Housing & Care Scottish Charity SC006878 I Property Factor PF000146