- Bridge of Earn, PH2
- £11.09 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 24 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference.Have you got a positive and fun nature? Do you like animals and enjoy being around cats and dogs?
We currently have an opportunity within our dedicated team of caring and committed people to support a young lady with life-changing injuries live her life to the full. Based in Bridge of Earn, you’ll provide a highly individualised service, respecting the needs and wishes of this lady in her own home. 24 hours per week. 12 hour shifts 8pm-8am. Temporary 6 month contract. (We can also offer casual/bank contracts)
Putting the preferences of this lady at the heart of everything you do, you will support her to become more independent. In particular you should be a motivated person who can support this lady with all aspects of daily living, including intimate care tasks and moving and positioning.
You will also provide social and emotional support, help with daily living tasks, help with looking after her pets and help her become physically stronger so that she can get out more and reach goals and aspirations towards a more active life.You must be eligible to register with the SSSC.
*Section 7(2b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 applies that there is a genuine occupational requirement for female staff for these positions.
Having an upbeat positive manner is essential as well as having a genuine passion for supporting people to become a part of their local and wider community. You will bring creative ideas to encourage the young lady to live as independently as possible. It would be desirable that you have a good range of experience supporting people.
You will receive all person specific training necessary for this role and a comprehensive company induction, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge further to enhance a worthwhile and rewarding career in care. We offer a competitive hourly rate, development opportunities and discount schemes.
You must be eligible to register with the SSSC. Any position offered will be subject to PVG check and suitable references.
Our ideal Advanced Support Worker will be:
- Self-motivated with energy and drive
- Reliable, friendly and caring to support the people we support to achieve their everyday goals (including personal care)
- Able to support in house activities and hobbies
- Confident and inspire the person we support to achieve more
- Able to help manage some behaviours that may challenge the norm – we provide training and guidance to enable you to do this
- Comfortable using basic IT systems that are required within the role - training can be offered to support this area
You will also have an appropriate Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) required qualification, as determined by your SSSC registration, or a willingness to work towards this.
In addition you will be comfortable using basic IT systems that are required within the role - training can be offered to support this area. You will also hold a SVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care (Scotland) or Level 4 Diploma in Care (England).
It is also important that you share our company values which are at the heart of everything we do and ensure that we deliver high quality, consistent care and support.
In return, we offer you a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in a rewarding and enriching environment. We also offer the following;
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going learning and development
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holiday)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to a free app offering retail discounts, leisure savings and holiday and travel discounts
- Employee of the month and other recognition schemes
- Employee Assistant programme - available 24/7
- Wellbeing Fund
- Employee Voice - GameChangers
- We will also pay for your disclosure
Community Integrated Care is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.