- Stevenson. North Ayrshire, KA20 3JL
- £10.80 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Service: Red Rose House
Hours: 39 hours per week
Location: Stevenson, North Ayrshire
Red Rose House is our 8 bedded respite service offering short breaks for our visitors within the North Ayrshire area. The atmosphere at Red Rose House is vibrant, friendly and welcoming. Our visitors usually enjoy outings such as adapted go-karting, cycling, cinema, nature walks as well as more relaxing activities such as game nights.
The successful applicant will join our dedicated and friendly staff team, who support the health care needs of our customers as well as supporting them to enjoy their break in a way which reflects their individual choices, interests, wishes and aspirations. We ensure our visitors are given an opportunity to achieve all they can and make full use of resources within the community while staying at Red Rose House.
A driving licence and flexibility to work a rota that includes days, evenings, nights, and weekends is essential for this post.
Other essential criteria for the post include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working, problem solving and delegation skills
- The ability to support people in a person-centred way to offer choice and promote inclusion
- A commitment to the enhancement of social inclusion opportunities for people with additional needs
- An enthusiastic attitude to developing their skills in Social Care
- Respect for diversity
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Basic IT skills
The following criteria are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience working with people with additional needs
- Experience of supporting people with complex health, mobility and communication support needs
- Understanding of social care legislation and best practice
- Experience of contributing effectively to support plans and risk assessments
- A Social Care qualification or equivalent
- 32 Days Annual Leave
- Ability to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Sleepover Allowance (currently the equivalent of £10.02 per hour)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance program including counselling, GP advice, virtual doctor and legal advice
- Induction training, comprehensive ongoing training and personal development opportunities
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme
- Access to a Credit Union
- Access to shopping discounts
If you feel you have the passion, skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply now!
These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.