- Priory Court, Alloway Place, DD4 8WA
- £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
The application page will open in a new window.
Our Priory Outreach service provides housing support and care at home for individuals with complex drug and alcohol issues, who may also have other difficulties including; challenging behaviour, forensic needs, mental health difficulties, cognitive impairment and a physical disability.
The service provides practical support to individuals to maintain their tenancy and provide a safe and secure environment. The service also provides support to help individuals participate in social activities and access resources in the community relevant to their care and support needs.
Your role as Relief Support Worker will include:
- Providing emotional support when the person you are working with is feeling low and supporting people to access further support services;
- Supporting the delivery of Opioid Substitution Therapy (OST) to people who are unable to do so themselves due to health needs;
- Working as part of a friendly and supportive staff team to provide the highest quality of care;
- Receiving training to effectively carry out your role including drug and alcohol awareness and naloxone training.
- Be passionate about working with people to help them overcome their challenges and support their recovery;
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or have the ability and willingness to undertake this qualification;
- Be flexible in respect of shift patterns as these will include; early mornings, evenings and weekends;
- Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of taking up the post;
- Have a full driving licence and use of your own vehicle.
- Recognition and Reward Scheme
- Holiday Allowance
- Free core training provided
- Death in Service Benefit
- PVG Costs Paid