- 4 Rogart Street, G40 2AA
- £51,000 - £55,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Head Office, Bridgeton, Glasgow
37.5 Hours per week |£51,000 - £55,000 per annum |Head Office – Hybrid Working
Closing Date: Friday 29 September 2023
Job Ref: REQ00654
Would you like to be part of a professional IT / Finance Team helping to improve lives?
Can you be a great team member, supportive, creative, and excellent at what you do?
Then why not join our fantastic organisation and be part of a first-class team.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for:
· Leading the finance team to achieve the monthly financial input schedule.
· Preparation and co-ordination of the annual audit file and financial accounts and liaise with the Auditor as required.
· Preparation and delivery of the annual budget, subsequent revisions and forecasts as required, including those for timescales longer than one year
· Financial modelling, scenario planning and sensitivity analysis
· Collaborating in the preparation of papers for Board of Trustees and relevant Committees, ensuring end users are equipped to make informed business decisions.
· Partnering with ET/SMT, providing key financial analysis and advice
· Supporting the Director of Finance to develop and improve the accounting IT systems and policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness and compliance with legislation. Ensure Financial policies are produced reviewed and complied with.
· Leading on systems change, and developing a culture of continuous improvement
· Production of monthly Management Accounts identifying positive or negative trends in income and expenditure to reduce the organisation's financial risk, and production of financial reporting for SMT, ET, Committee and Board.
· Ensuring The Mungo Foundation’s working capital is maximised and cash in bank well managed
· Responsible for leading a team of staff with responsibility for line management support and processes
· Delivery of the all payroll activities ensuring legislative and HMRC compliance
· Line management of Finance Team and Payroll
You must have:
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role
• Third sector / charitable experience or ability to demonstrate translation of knowledge and skills from another sector to the charity/ not for profit environment.
• Demonstrable experience of leadership, people management and staff development
• Proficient with Microsoft Office packages and preferably Sage.
• Excellent Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
• Ability to lead change facilitate change processes
• Qualified CA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA or can demonstrate relevant experience
• Minimum three years relevant experience in similar position
If you are looking for a new challenge, this may be the position for you.
We value our staff very highly. Alongside competitive terms and conditions we also offer membership of a great employee benefits’ scheme – Mungo Money. Joining Mungo Money provides full access to supermarket, fuel, cinema, restaurant discounts, discounts off your next family holiday, savings on gym memberships and equipment, Cycle to Work scheme and so much more. We also offer access to a credit union and workplace pension plus numerous training and development opportunities.
To apply please submit your CV and a one page supporting statement detailing why you would be a good fit for us to email@example.com
Appointments are made subject to satisfactory membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and appropriate safer recruitment checks.