- Aaron House Care Home, Beeslack House, Edinburgh Road, , EH26 0QF
- £10.52 per month
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18 day per week
This position has expired.
Do you want to make a real difference to people's lives? Are you organised and personable? Do you want to help our residents capture and make some beautiful memories? If so, we would love to hear from you! We are seeking a responsive, respectful, energetic, and experienced Memory Maker also known as a Activities Coordinator to join our team.
Aaron House care home, is a grand, converted mansion house, located in beautiful, spacious grounds, in a quiet rural area of Edinburgh. The home is supported by a friendly and committed team, fully trained in providing care for older people who require residential, nursing, or who are living with dementia.
- Must be creative and have previous activities experience
- Must have experience of working with older people
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently
- Obtains good communication skills
- To have the values of making a positive impact
What we can offer:
- Part time contract
- 18 hours per week and must be able to work on weekends
- £10.52 per hour
- Paid breaks
- 28 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays (pro rata for part time contracts)
- Refer a friend scheme, with up to £750 reward for each referral (T & C’s apply)
- Yearly salary review
- Paid uniform provided
- On-going support with Training and Development
What does the job role involve?
This role involves planning person-centred events and activities for elderly residents living at Aaron House Care home.
We recognise that our residents are unique and respect that everyone needs their own space and time. We encourage and support everyone to participate in the varied activities and events that are organised in all our homes.
Whether it’s just chatting in the living areas or gardens with friends and family, enjoying live entertainment or actively baking, getting creative with arts and crafts, but each activity programme is centred around the individuals interests and hobbies.
This role also involves:
- Organising stimulating programmes of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- All other duties required for a activities coordinator
Why join us?
Our employees play a important role in our care homes and our values are based on ‘We Care About Care’. We are looking for individuals who have the same values and are able to help us make a real difference to the residents in our homes.
If you too believe that this is the most important part of everyone’s role in a care home and are looking for a rewarding job then we’d love to hear from you.