- West Dunbartonshire, G81 1QF
- £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
Make a positive difference in someone’s life by becoming a Support Practitioner with The Richmond Fellowship Scotland in our West Dunbartonshire services and helping support the people who need it most in our communities!
We are currently able to offer Bank Support Practitioner contracts within the Balloch, Clydebank & Dumbarton teams. In these services we support individuals with a variety of support needs including Alcohol issues, Mental Health, Learning Disability but we are open to support any individual who may needs supports e.g. in areas such as autism, older people, young people and group work.
You do not need to have worked in care to apply as we will invest in your qualifications and provide full training through our award-winning learning & development team prior to starting.
About the Role:
Your responsibilities as a Support Practitioner could include:
· Social Support- Assisting individuals to engage with their communities by planning and attending outings to various leisure activities such as day centres, cinema, swimming etc.
· Medical Support- Administering and monitoring medication.
· Personal Care- Assisting people to maintain their wellbeing by promoting their personal care which would include assistance with bathing, dressing, arranging visits with the dentist/doctor, incontinence care.
· Practical Support- Helping people to maintain their tenancy by encouraging daily household tasks such as general housework, laundry, ironing, cooking, shopping.
-TRFS rewards scheme (cash-back and discounts at various retailers)
-Refer a Friend scheme- £150 bonus!
All successful Support Practitioner applicants will be given a conditional offer- this is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, PVG and a Covid-19 related risk assessment.
Closing Date – 6th January 2023 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time)
PVG checks will be required of all successful applicants; having a conviction will not necessarily debar you from working in this sector.
Please note that Care Workers are absolutely critical to the social care needs of the community. Therefore, the Scottish Government will cover the cost of PVG checks till 31st March 2023.
As part of our compliance checks, all candidates will be asked, if successful, to undergo a risk assessment based on underlying conditions due to Covid-19.
All new staff members will be required to register with the SSSC within 6 months of their start date.