Health Care Assistant
- Fairhurst road, Stranraer, Wigtownshire, DG9 7QL
- £10.50 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 38.5 hours per week
Care Staff Full Time £10.50
Belmont Care Centre is located DG9 7QL (STRANRAER)
St Philips Care provides a stable and supportive work environment. We are an award-winning group providing the very best care to our residents. We are looking for bank staff that have a flexible approach to working hours by providing short term cover for annual leave - sickness - and additional staffing. You will be a valued member of staff - we will provide you with the same benefits as substantive staff - progression training for those who wish to further their career to management level.
The successful applicant should be willing to learn, caring in nature and kind.
Being reliable with a good attitude towards work is valued. Fully paid training will be provided for the right applicant.
Staff bank working will suit you if:
- You are looking for more flexible working to help you achieve a better work/life balance
- You wish to work in an area where there are no current permanent roles
- You want to earn extra money
- You want to work for us without committing to a permanent role
- You are returning to work after a career break or wishing to continue to work post retirement.
The benefits of working for the staff bank include:
- Choice of bank shifts you can cover
- Flexible work opportunities to suit you
- To be treated as an internal applicant when applying for permanent roles
- Paid annual leave pro-rata to hours worked
- Competitive rates of pay
- A starting point for those who need to gain experience in different work areas
- Students can work through holiday periods
- A challenging worthwhile role giving you the opportunity to balance work with other interests and commitments
- A supportive, inclusive, friendly working environment
- The opportunity to progress and gain further qualifications “learn while you earn!”
- 4-weekly pay periods
- Full training given
- Paid induction and shadow shifts
- E - Learning incentive scheme
- Paid holiday
- Flexible opportunities to fit around your life
- Rewards scheme for all staff
- Refer a friend bonus scheme worth £100.00
- To be part of the St Philip’s Care family across the UK
- The chance to change lives
As a Care Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Understanding and providing the requirements for “normal” health and to have insight into the effects on the client and family when continued care is needed.
- To assist the client in any area of his/her daily care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so.
- To participate in holistic caring activities.
- Care for all clients’ needs as required with the aim of optimising their independence.
- Read and act on the Care Plans of each client to promote continuity of care.
- To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
- Moving and handling, dressing, and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents’ condition
- Report to Senior staff any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents, and visitors
- To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
As a Care Assistant it would be desirable to have,
- Previous experience of care work in a Hospital, Care or Nursing Home.
- A Passion for Care of the Elderly
- NVQ 2 or QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care or Care
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email all applications to Jayne.email@example.com